The District continues to monitor for updates and guidance from our public health partners (Centers for Disease Control, Georgia Department of Public Health and DeKalb Board of Health).
In the event of a school closure because of an emergency, teachers will provide students with a virtual learning assignment that is content-specific and relevant. Each assignment will be aligned to the standards and what the students are currently learning. Assignments may involve reading, writing, conducting research, performing mini labs, completing practice problems, taking notes, and/or answering questions.
According to the attached document, the same measures that are urged to prevent the spread of any respiratory virus are increasingly important for all Georgians:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay at home when you are sick
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or use a tissue to cover it, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
3.20.2020 COVID-19 Update
3.20.2020 COVID-19 Update Spanish
2.28.2020 Parent letter Coronavirus
Spanish 2.28.2020 Parent letter Coronavirus
DPH News Release COVID_19 Preparations
Spanish DPH News Release COVID_19 Preparations
Parent Update 3.3.2020
DPH NEWS RELEASE_COVID_19 CONFIRMED IN GA 3-2-2020
Coronavirus Information for Stakeholders Updated March 9, 2020
Spanish Coronavirus Information for Stakeholders